NFPA 1971-2007 Certified
Glove Crafters Fire Armor Structural Firefighting Gloves
I met the crew from Glove Crafters at FDIC 2012. It is a family owned company that makes their gloves right here in the US. The company is fairly new and located in Arkansas. After being introduced to some of their products, they gave me and Captain Wines a pair of the Fire Armor gloves to do a review on.
The Fire Armor Gloves might be the most comfortable firefighting gloves I have ever worn. They offer full dexterity due to the Five separate curved form fitting forchettes (see below). The materials used in the construction of gloves is very soft and doesn’t constrict the use of your hands at all.
I must say that Glove Crafters did their homework when creating these gloves.
- 60+ TPP and class leading Conductive Heat transfer protection.
- 100% Kevlar knit fleece FR water repellent with 1 Pc. back shell.
- A layered non-restrictive knuckle patch.
- Extra layer of 6 oz. modacrylic liner sewn to the back shell.
- A double backed 3 mil breathable Pyrotect Barricade moisture barrier.
- 100% water proof, viral/chemical penetration and blood borne pathogen protection.
- A layered 6 oz. 65% Kevlar/35% Nomex stitch bond FR liner.
- Five separate curved form fitting forchettes from 3.5 oz. to 4.0 oz. grain cow leather for maximum finger dexterity with a 60+ PPT rating.
- Exclusive breathable adhesive for ensuring full liner/barrier glove bonding.
- 1 piece palm 3.50 oz. to 4.0 oz. Eversoft® cow leather tanned with additives to stay soft when wet and low water absorbance with repeated soakings with a 60+ TPP rating.
- 4” Black nomex cuff with leather pull patch and hang up loop.
- This glove is proudly made in the USA with highly skilled employees.
- This glove is certified to NFPA 1971-2007 by the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI).