Armortex Kevlar layer
Chemical resistant layers
Carbon fiber knuckle
Water resistant outer liner
Water proof inner layer
Schmitz Mittz – Rescue X Extrication Gloves
I have been wearing my Schmitz Mittz Rescue X Gloves for several months. I am extremely pleased with how well they have held up.
What really caught my eye about the gloves were the rough/gritty grip on the palm side and the hard carbon fiber knuckle protection. on the opposite side. Those two things really set these gloves apart from other gloves I have worn.
Then I read the literature on the gloves to see what I was really putting my hands in. After all, we must protect our hands, and sub-par gloves can and will fail you.
The Rescue X Extrication gloves combine slash resistance, water proofing, heat resistance, chemical resistance to protect your digits.
I absolutely love my gloves, although I should probably be wearing size medium instead of large. The large size fits, but I think the medium would be ideal. Not to worry, that is my fault…not Schmitz Mittz.
They come in sizes XX-small to XXX-Large. The gloves are named after the founder of the company. Read more about Randy Schmitz here.
If you don’t take my word for it, check out the video below titled “Schmitz Mittz – Destroying the Glove”
Here are the specs on the Schmitz Mittz Rescue X Extrication Gloves:
- Slash resistant level 5 inner liner
- Armortex Kevlar outer protective layer
- Chemical resistant outer and inner layer
- Carbon fiber knuckle protection (high impact protection)
- Water resistant outer liner & water proof inner layer
- Tough Cordura material for abrasion resistance and flexibility (600 Denier)
- High heat resistant palm against temperatures up to 2500°F (up to 20 seconds direct flame impingement)
- Elastic cuff with 3M seam to protect against sharp objects
- Double layer thumb webbing
- Double kevlar stitching for added strength and durability
- Kevlar Tex 80 thread used throughout the glove
- Vibration pad sewn into the group area of the palm
- Rounder finger-tip design for better fit and comfort